Mike Wood is the recognised Australian Specialist on Chain of Responsibility Legislation and its Impacts upon the Logistic Industry.
Since 2003, Mike has been heavily involved in Chain of Responsibility (known as Compliance and Enforcement in Western Australia).
Mike is frequently interviewed or comment sort by Australian Media outlets, as well as providing expert witness testimony in legal proceedings.
Most recently engaged by the Western Australian Government to help educate WA businesses on the new Compliance and Enforcement legislation and its impacts on them.
Mike regularly speaks on a range of Logistic Risk issues through out the ASEAN and Australia and is heavily involved in logistics industry capability development at the grass roots level.
Mike has a wide range of experience and expertise in most areas of logistics and supply chain management, with an emphasis on the strategic and hands-on design of logistics systems, including fully integrated supply chains. Since graduating from university Mike has worked in range of industries and has held General Manager positions with major logistics service providers with turnovers in excess of $500m.
• Supply Chain & Logistics design;
• Port operation & infrastructure, Coal Chain export design, Logging Operation design, Sugar production, Livestock movements
• Compliance implementation & management;
• Leading training provider (RTO) in the area of Lean Logistics & Business
• Disaster planning and control
• RABQSA Auditor
• MBTI Psychosocial Assessor, Qualified Trainer Assessor
• Post Graduate Logistics – Monash University
• Post Graduate Business Administration – Swinburne University
• Civil Engineer – Shirecliffe Polytechnic UK
• Mechanical Engineer – Granville Institute UK
Professional Memberships & Awards
• Member Chartered Institute of Australian Company Directors
• Member Logistics Association Australia
Speaking or University Lectures
• Expert speaker on load restraint, Worksafe national load restraint committee
• Expert speaker on Load Restraint, Worksafe Victoria
• Expert speaker on Load Restraint, VicRoads
• Expert speaker on Compliance & Enforcement legislation roll out, Main Roads Western Australia
• Guest speaker on port infrastructure design, Vietnam – Vung Tau Peoples Committee
• Subject matter expert on vehicle operations, DIIRD Victoria